Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Team Leader Part-Time in Cumberland, Rhode Island
Job ID 425829BR
Job Title: Team Leader Part-Time
Address Line 1: 60 Industrial Road
State: Rhode Island
Zip Code: 02864
Position Status: Part-Time
Work Hours: 0500-1100 PM
Job Description: POSITION OVERVIEW:
Coordinate and perform duties of operations personnel to ensure movement of shipments on time and damage free while demonstrating safe work procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Coordinate and perform duties of assigned team
Coordinate the loading/unloading of trucks in a safe efficient manner
Under guidance of management, coordinate work tasks for assigned team and ensure manpower is available to perform required work
Ensure efficient and safe operation of material handling equipment
Ensure established policies, procedures and job methods are followed
Provide on-the-job training to team members
Conduct pre-shift meeting in absence of supervisor
Provide input to management regarding employee development and/or conduct issues
Give and receive feedback; ask questions and seek direction, as required
Keep management informed regarding employee job methods and productivity
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Six (6) months of FedEx Freight operations experience preferred
• Experience leading, coaching or mentoring others preferred
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Good decision making and problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize assignments and make quick decisions with available information
• Excellent cooperative and collaborative skills to effectively work within a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels and from various backgrounds
• Basic knowledge of operations systems and Outlook
• Ability to lift / carry hand freight of varying weights several times a week, lift dock plates weighing approximately 100 pounds and to open trailer doors requiring approximately 75 pounds of lift force up to several times per day
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
• Ability to read material such as signs, labels, and shipping documents
• Required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, bend twist and squat
• Duties of the job are performed in both an office and dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
• May require extended hours in order to meet operational needs
• Must be able to work different shifts and/or weekends
• Fast-paced, deadline oriented
Division Category: All
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.