Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Specialist I–Facility Design in Harrison, Arkansas
Job ID 425962BR
Job Title: Specialist I–Facility Design
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: 40 hrs per week
Job Description: POSITION OVERVIEW:
Coordinate project scheduling and production of electronic AutoCAD construction documents between Facility Design Department and its consulting engineers from the preliminary schematic phase through final development of full set of working drawings. Provide administration support for projects currently under construction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Perform AutoCAD production drawings under direct supervision of management
Develop schematic building and site plans to meet service center operational needs
Convert building concept design sketches into auto-cad digital format drawings
Schedule final printing of contract documents and distribution to bidders
Coordinate delivery of contract documents to contractors during pre-bid and post-bid
Review construction plans and specifications to verify compliance with Facility Design & Construction (FD&C) design requirements
Ensure facility designs meet building codes & handicapped accessibility standards
Understand construction methods and economy of architecture to produce cost effective designs
Coordinate plans and specifications with project architects, engineers and consultants
Travel to sites under construction for project management observation in order to verify work in-place as meeting FD&C design requirements and construction documents
Assist management in development of addendums and change orders to construction bid documents
Assist management in responding to City Code Review Comments during city plan review phase
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience plus three (3) years’ experience in AutoCAD
• Experience in an Architect’s office, preferred
• Experience coordinating work with Engineering Consultants, preferred
• Proficient in recent version of AutoCAD, preferred
• Proficient in REVIT, preferred
• Good technical knowledge of construction methods and development of construction documents
• Familiar with construction materials and efficient architectural design
• Good organizational, interpersonal and time management skills with ability to handle multiple projects
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photo Editor and Outlook
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to lift rolls of plotter bond paper and production drawings up to 25 lbs in weight
Division Category: Operations
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.