Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Communications Advisor in Memphis, Tennessee
Job ID 425473BR
Job Title: Communications Advisor
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Address Line 2: FedEx Freight Suite # 600
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Responsible for internal and/or external communications including but not limited to the management of executive communications, creating strategic communications/program management plans and researching industry trends. Coordinate communications efforts for FedEx Freight in conjunction with other FedEx Communications departments and other functional areas throughout the FedEx Enterprise.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop a communications platform for executives; create content to support executive needs, such as talking points, presentations, speeches, video scripts, internal email communications, etc.
Write articles and video scripts for communications vehicles as identified
Develop press releases at the direction of department leadership
Proofread, edit and ensure communications are approved at all levels prior to execution
Coordinate issuing communications and press releases to various audiences
Maintain editorial calendars for trade publications
Monitor, report and analyze media coverage on an on-going basis surrounding specific issues; manage media interviews
Ensure project records are maintained and adhere to production schedules and guidelines
Ensure consistent quality; serve on committees and task forces as appropriate
Handle issues in crisis communications; handle media inquiries
Assist with developing public relations strategy and planning, and provide strategic communications counsel
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English or related field plus five (5) years’ agency/in house public relations or communications experience; related Master’s Degree preferred
• Experience in a corporate environment preferred
• Relationship management experience with external agencies, vendors, clients or business partners preferred
• Communications planning and communications project management experience
• Excellent organizational, creative and human relations skills
• Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of SharePoint, intranet, and major social platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) preferred
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
• Corporate event planning experience preferred
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Depending on internal or external communications focus, other knowledge, skills and experience may be required
• Must be able to travel
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Division Category: All
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.